Africa Tour is headed up by Sonja and Roy Newlands.
Sonja was born and raised in South Africa and has spent many years exploring and travelling South Africa with her family on family vacations. With a great interest in travel and certainly a love for the African continent, Sonja has travelled to all the destinations we offer in our East Africa safari and island programs. Sonja enjoys exploring new destinations and developing fresh new safari programs for our repeat Africa Tour travellers.
Roy was born and raised in South Africa and spent many years managing a Zulu cultural lodge in Zululand. Roy thrives on teaching visitors about Zulu culture and introducing community development programs to our Africa Tour clients, as well as working with sponsorship within rural communities and introducing volunteer programs.
Together with our wonderful office staff, we offer the highest level of expertise for arranging low-impact and personalized travel to over 11 countries in Africa. We continue to stay ahead of the herds with professional and dedicated consultants who strive to offer outstanding guidance on trip planning.
We focus on small groups and independent travelers, promote camps that are symbiotic with nature and the community, and offer exquisite game viewing with top notch guides.
Our motto is to always provide clients with a ‘trip of a lifetime’!
10 Great Reasons to Travel with Africa Tour
- Sonja has traveled to every single country that we offer trips to, we go back to one of the destinations every year in order to stay on top of product knowledge - a testament to our level of expertise and dedication to giving you up-to-date information.
- We specialize ONLY in Africa While many companies offer trips all over the world our work is focused only on Africa. This has enabled us to become experts in designing African safaris, foster close relationships within the industry and benefit from special pricing on the trips we feature. Our insider knowledge of Africa is unsurpassed. We'll provide you with special access to places, guides and events that are unavailable to travelers who book online.
- CUSTOMIZED travel planning - we specialize in providing programs that suits clients requirements and budgets.
- KZN tourism awarded us for Tour Operator of the year award - testament to our excellent customer service and expert knowledge.
- Affordable independent and private safaris - Many people expect private and independent safaris to be very expensive, but our clients are delighted to discover that they do not have to join a group of strangers in order to afford a great customized safari.
- Value-added adventure! Offering safari trips to over 10 African countries, there are hundreds of parks and game reserves, safari activities and a wide range of accommodations to choose from. We do not have to tie you into one line of properties and destination. Rather we match the ones to best fit your travel style with exclusive access to some of the best guides.
- Sustainable tourism and eco conservation - We whole-heartedly promote local ground operators and guides, eco accommodations and community projects that are supporting the merits of low-impact travel and the survival of habitats.
- Safari trips with a purpose - Our travel planning is based on more than game viewing; there is purpose to making a difference........ Communities, nature conservation, upliftment ........so many !
- Our In-House sister company Unashamed Travel completes the planning process with flight arrangements. By booking your air with us, we can assist if flights are changed or cancelled. And should there be a travel emergency, we can be reached 24/7.
- Our clients come back for more! Over 70% of our business is repeat clients and referrals! What a testament to the quality of our services, and of course, the incredible beauty and wildlife of Africa!